- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- 2020-Present – Chief Psychiatry Resident – Inpatient Psychiatry
- 2017-2020 – Psychiatry Resident CPMC – Psychiatry Resident at a San Francisco based residency
- 2012-2013 – Emergency Medicine Scribe Systems – Worked as a medical scribe in the emergency room at Mission, Hospital in Mission Viejo, CA
- June 2017 to Present – California Pacific Medicine Center – Psychiatry Residency
- May 2017 – Keck School of Medicine (University of Southern California) – Doctor of Medicine
- May 2011 – Harvard University – B.A Neurobiology Major, Music Minor
Awards and honors
- CPMC’s 2020 Graduate Medical Education Quality Improvement Award.
Brian Licorish is an adult psychiatrist at Savant Care. His path towards psychiatry began as an undergraduate at Harvard University, where he majored in Neurobiology and minored in Music. He subsequently attended medical school at the University of Southern California and completed psychiatry residency at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco.
During residency, a clinical advisor described Dr. Licorish as an “outstanding resident overall.” He approached work with “curiosity, intellectual rigor, diligence, and empathy.” His special interests during this time were on medical education, psychiatric standard of care, and quality improvement. As the chief resident of inpatient psychiatry, he led a weekly case conference didactic aimed at identifying research pertinent to clinical care. As an advocate for quality improvement, he engaged in multiple quality improvement projects while in training. For example, one project entitled “Integrated Behavioral Health in a Perinatal Clinic” sought to establish a novel collaborative care treatment clinic embedded within Mission Bernal Hospital’s Women’s Clinic. For this work, he won CPMC’s 2020 Graduate Medical Education Quality Improvement Award.