- Mood disorders
- Eating disorder
- Substance abuse
- Impulse-control and conduct disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Psychotic spectrum disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Parent-child therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Attending Psychiatrist – Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health – Compton Family Mental Health
LAC+USC Psychiatric Emergency Department
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow – LAC+USC Medical Center, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Ohio State University , Columbus, OH – Doctorate of Medicine
- LAC+USC Medical Center , Los Angeles, CA – Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- LAC+USC Medical Center , Los Angeles, CA – General Psychiatry Residency
Affiliations and certifications
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology – Certified
- State of California Medical License – A127497
Awards and honors
- USC Law and Mental Health Scholar
The Saks Institute for Mental Health Law, Policy, and Ethics is a mental health law think tank that includes residents and students from law, psychiatry, psychology, gerontology, social work, neuroscience and philosophy. The program includes a series of lectures, culminating with a two-day symposium in the Spring.
- Dr. David C. Fay and Mrs. Mary A. Fay Scholarship
Selected by the Ohio State University College of edicine for exemplary behavior in the areas of altruism, compassion, integrity, honesty, service, respect, responsibility and accountability
- Excellence in Volunteer Community Service
Awarded by Ohio State University College of Medicine for volunteering over 100 hours answering calls for the Franklin County Suicide Prevention Hotline
Anthem Blue Cross of California
Blue Shield of California (We are not in-network with Blue Shield Covered California)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Optum Behavorial Health
Dr. Brian Bello was born and raised in Orlando, FL. He completed his bachelor’s degree cum laude in Psychology, with a minor in Spanish, before completing his medical degree at Ohio State University. He did both his general psychiatry residency and child & adolescent psychiatry fellowship at LAC+USC Medical Center.
Dr. Bello has a particular interest in early childhood trauma and the many ways that complex interpersonal trauma manifests in both children and adults. His framework for treating clients is always rooted in understanding how their personal experiences and environment are contributing to their presenting problems. While he believes that medication can significantly help alleviate his clients’ suffering, he believes that, for most people, it is only one piece of the puzzle. Because of this, Dr. Bello seeks to incorporate complementary methods when working with clients on their treatment plan. Depending on the client’s particular preferences, this can include, spirituality, mindfulness, music, yoga, martial arts, and other forms of exercise.
Bello B , Suh E, Saks E. Special Considerations for Student Service Members/Veterans: A Review of the Literature. Quinnipiac Health Law Journal. 2016; 19 (3) 2016Okun M, Rodriguez R, Foote K, Fernandez H, Bello B .
A case-based review of troubleshooting deep brain stimulator issues in movement and neuropsychiatric disorders. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 2008; 14(7): 532-538.