- Anxiety, Stress & Depression
- Grief & Life Transitions, Coping Skills
- Behavioral Issues
- Mood Disorders & Emotional Disturbance
- Trauma and PTSD
- Family Conflict
- Self Esteem
- Peer Relationships, Romantic Relationships and other Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Integration of Entheogenic Experiences
- Treating Adolescents/Teenagers, Adults, Elders (65+)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Art Therapy
- Culturally Sensitive
- Sand Play
Affiliations and certifications
- Certificate in Transpersonal Education and Research
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate of Education in Parapsychology
- Certificate of Training in Neurolinguistic Programming
Anthem Blue Cross of California
Blue Shield of California (We are not in-network with Blue Shield Covered California)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Optum Behavorial Health
Richard Knowles, a compassionate psychotherapist, has more than 8 years of experience in psychotherapy and treating mental health issues as individuals, couples and in groups. He is an expert in dealing with depression, mood disorders, and difficult life events.
He has worked as a Research Scientist and Research Director, thus formulating and conducting experiments related to consciousness and transpersonal psychology.
He has graduated from a transpersonal psychology school and has worked with MAPS for quite some years. He integrates both spiritual and entheogenic experiences to help people reach attainable goals in life. He helps people to awaken inner strengths and wisdom. He guides people to find harmony and balance during difficult times.
His patients describe him as a warm, insightful and understanding person, who is firm in situations when required.