Dr. Vidushi Savant, MD
|Alumni of:||Stanford University|
|Affiliation:||Savant Care, Adjunct Clinical Faculty Stanford University|
|Phone number:||650 690 2DOC (362)|
|Fax number:||650 590 4938|
|Languages:||English, Hindi, Punjabi|
Dr. Vidushi Savant, MD is a Stanford trained psychiatrist, and Director and Co-founder of Savant Care. She received her Psychosomatic Medicine subspecialty training at Stanford Hospital, and completed her residency training in Adult Psychiatry at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. She received her medical school education from Government Medical College in Patiala, India.
During her residency training at Loyola, Dr. Savant became particularly interested in psychiatric issues in the medically ill population. This led her to pursue her Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship at Stanford Hospital and Clinics where she gained proficiency in treating psychiatric conditions in the critically and/or chronically ill medical populations. Her expertise includes (but is not limited to) treatment of psychiatric illness in cancer patients, organ transplant patients (heart, liver, kidney, bone marrow etc), cardiac patients with disorders such as cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure and patients with other chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, renal failure on dialysis, neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy. She is also well-versed in treating psychiatric conditions during pregnancy and lactation, such as post- partum depression and post-partum blues. She is also experienced in treating elderly patients with mild cognitive impairment, dementia and delirium who may be experiencing psychiatric symptoms.
In addition to her specialization in psychosomatic medicine, Dr. Savant is trained to manage general psychiatric illnesses such as Schizophrenia, OCD, Bipolar disorder, Depression, Panic disorder, PTSD, Generalized anxiety disorder and many more. She has a range of training in psychotherapies for interpersonal problems, grief, and marital issues. Her particular strengths are psychopharmacology, cognitive behavioral therapy, and interpersonal therapy.
Throughout her training, Dr. Savant has been involved in various on-going research projects. She received numerous achievement awards in research and certificates of appreciation for clinical work from the Department of Psychiatry at Loyola University Medical Center. She was nominated and inducted as a member Medical Honor Society Alpha Omega Alpha during her residency by the caucus of student members of the society based on her values of leadership, character, community service, and professionalism. She remained actively involved in medical student and resident teaching throughout her residency and fellowship at Stanford.
Dr. Savant is a Clinical Faculty at Stanford University. She will also continue her work with STAMP (“Stanford Therapy and Mental Health Professionals”) to further the social cause of decreasing stigma related to mental illness.
Affiliations and certifications
- Psychosomatic Medicine fellowship from Stanford Hospital.
- Clinical faculty at Stanford.
Awards and honors
- Nominated and chosen as a member of Medical Honor Society Alpha Omega Alpha.
- Received research awards and certificates for excellence clinical work from the Department of Psychiatry at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Board certified in adult psychiatry by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Board certified in psychosomatic medicine by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Treating critically ill patients with various psychiatric conditions.
- Healing psychiatric disorders of cancer patients, heart patients and diabetic patients.
- Treating seniors with cognitive impairment, dementia and delirium.
- Healing patients with peri-partum mental health disorders.
- Treating general psychiatric illnesses – PTSD, schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
*. We are not in-network with Blue Shield Covered California.