- Psychotic disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Supportive Therapy
- Caminar, Outpatient Staff Psychiatrist from 9/2019- 4/2020; now Part-time from 5/2020-Present
- Vituity/Dignity Health- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, Inpatient Staff Psychiatrist (Part-time) from 10/2019 to Present
- DHMF/Dignity Health- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, Inpatient Staff Psychiatrist from 8/2018 to 8/2019
- Unity Center for Behavioral Health in Oregon, Inpatient Psychiatrist (Locum) from 10/2017 to 6/2018
- A.M.C Clinic of Nashville, Suboxone Outpatient Clinic, Staff Psychiatrist from 8/2017 to 9/2017
- Associate Chief Resident from 1/2016 to 6/2016
- Senior Resident Mentor for Junior Resident from 06/2015-06/2017
- GME Representative for Psychiatry Residents from 07/2014-07/2015
- Residency in Psychiatry: Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN. 07/2013—06/2017
- Interim Work: Senior Clinical Researcher- Center for Women’s Health Research, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 07/2011—06/2013
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean, Netherlands Antilles- M.D. 09/2001 – 04/2006
- Undergraduate: Tennessee Technological University (TTU), Cookeville, TN B.S. in Chemistry 08/1997 – 05/2001
Affiliations and certifications
- American Psychiatric Association
Awards and honors
- James P. and Willie R. Jewell Scholarship – Chemistry from 2000 to 2001.
- Dean’s List (Top 10th Percentile at TTU) – Chemistry 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001
- Mortar Board- Honors Society
- Alpha Mu Gamma – Language Honors Society
- Beta Beta Beta- Biological Honors Society
- Kappa Mu Epsilon – Math Honors Society
Anthem Blue Cross of California
Blue Shield of California (We are not in-network with Blue Shield Covered California)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Optum Behavioral Health
Sarbani Maitra, MD is a board eligible psychiatrist at Savant Care. She has a Bachelors in Science from Tennessee Technological University in Chemistry leading up to her doctorate of medicine from the American University of the Caribbean Medical School. She then went on to gain clinical experience at Queen’s Hospital (erstwhile Old Church Hospital), London U.K. for a period of three years. She pursued her residency in Psychiatry at Meharry Medical College in Nashville Tennessee after working in research on women’s health issues at the Center of Women’s Health and Research.
Dr Maitra has extensive experience working in both inpatient and outpatient settings managing patients across the spectrum with psychotic disorders, mood disorders, trauma-related disorders and patients struggling with substance use disorders. She believes in an integrated approach to mental health which includes the biopsychosocial approach.
A. Ekwo, K. Osiezagha and S. Maitra. Abstract. Update on the Management of Antipsychotic Induced Obesity/Metabolic Syndrome. Presented at the 7th Annual Lloyd C. Elam Symposium – From Cradle to Rocking Chair: Continuing and Emerging Issues in African-American Male Health Nashville, TN, April 28, 2016.
K. Osiezagha, S. Maitra, A. Ekwo, S. Avula, and W. Richie. Abstract. The impact of socio-demographic variables on opioid dependence, a retrospective study. Presented at the 6th Annual Lloyd C. Elam Symposium ͞Black Male Health Disparities: Current Issues͟, Nashville, TN, April 30, 2015.
F. Adam, S. Maitra; F. Mncube-Barnes, A. Whitehead, W. Richie, R. Bailey. Abstract. Presented at the 6th Annual Lloyd C. Elam Symposium ͞Black Male Health Disparities: Current Issues͟, Nashville, TN, April 30, 2015.
Osiezagha K, Maitra S, Avula S, Olagbemiro Y. Overdiagnosis of Schizophrenia in African Americans. The American Journal of Psychiatry: The Resident’s Journal. 2014. Mar; 9 (3), 5-7.
Roshdy E, Rajaratnam V, Maitra S, Sabry M, Allah AS, Al-Hendy A. Article. Treatment of Symptomatic Uterine Fibroids with Green Tea Extract: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Clinical Study. International Journal of Women’s Health. 2013. Aug 7; 5, 477-86.
Osiezagha K, Ali S, Freeman C, Barker NC, Jabeen S, Maitra S, Olagbemiro, Richie W, Bailey RK. Thiamine Deficiency and Delirium. Innovations in Clinical Neurosciences. 2013 Apr; 10(4): 26-32.
S. Nair, C. Sharan, J. Thota, A. Chaudhry, S. Maitra, A. Al-Hendy. Abstract. Differential Expression of Steroid Receptors (ER, PR, VDR) In Stem Cells from Myometrium In Women With (Abstracts/Poster Presentations: yoF) Versus Without (MyoN) Uterine Fibroids; MyoF As a Pre-Tumor State. Presented at the 60th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, Orlando, FL, March 20-23rd, 2013.
S. Nair, C. Sharan, W. Khoder, S. Maitra, A. Al-Hendy. Abstract. Epigenome and Risk of Uterine Fibroids (UF): Altered Phosphorylation of Histone Methyltransferase EZH2 in Stem Cells from UF [amp] Adjacent Myometrium. Presented at the 60th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, Orlando, FL, March 20-23rd, 2013.
C. Sharan, S. Nair, S. Halder, S. Maitra, A. Al-Hendy. Abstract. Differential