- Adult Psychiatry
- Medication Management
- Social Anxiety
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Transmucosal Ketamine
- Bipolar Disorder
- PTSD & Trauma Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
- Patient – centered
- Evidence – based
- Supportive / Interpersonal
- Cognitive behavioral
- Goal – centered
- Motivational Enhancement
- Outpatient Psychiatrist – West Virginia University, 2019 – 2020
- Inpatient Consult / Liaison Psychiatrist – West Virginia University, 2019 – 2020
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor – BS in Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science (Aug 2006 – May 2010)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences – MD (Doctor of Medicine) (July 2010 – May 2016)
- West Virginia University – Residency in Adult Psychiatry (June 2016 – June, 2020)
Affiliations and certifications
- American Psychiatric Association (2016 – 2019)
- American Medical Association (2016 – 2017)
- The Medical Board of California – Licensed Physician
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology – Board Certified in General Psychiatry
Awards and honors
- Program Director’s Research Award – West Virginia University
- Chief Resident – West Virginia University (July, 2019 – present)
- Resident of the Year Award – West Virginia University (2017 – 2018)
- Appalachian Addiction Conference Scholarship – West Virginia University (2017, 2019)
- James B. Angell Hall Scholar Award – University of Michigan (2010)
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction – University of Michigan (May, 2010)
- Buprenorphine Waiver Certification (Aug, 2019)
Blue Shield of CA Inc
United Health Care Inc.
Optum Behavioral Health
Dr. Rastgar is an Adult Psychiatrist at Savant Care and a native of South Jersey (Atlantic City). He obtained his MD Degree from the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington, DC, and later completed his General Psychiatry Residency at The West Virginia University, where he was named Chief Resident and Resident of the Year, for his distinguished performance and exceptional quality of care. While in residency, Dr. Rastgar became heavily involved in teaching and education, developing a high-yield lecture series to prepare medical students for their psychiatry shelf examination, in addition to leading conferences in adult and geriatric psychiatry.
Dr. Rastgar’s clinical interests additionally compelled him to engage in multiple research projects during residency. He investigated the efficacy of transmucosal ketamine for management of treatment resistant depression, in addition to novel methods to assess treatment response utilizing measurement based care. As a leader within his clinical training program, he developed clinical expertise in utilizing ketamine as an adjunctive treatment modality for managing depression in the outpatient setting.
Dr. Rastgar strongly believes in utilizing a patient-centric approach, with an emphasis on understanding individual goals of treatment to deliver the highest quality of care. He mindfully approaches the diagnostic process from a biopsychosocial perspective, recognizing that symptoms reflect the product of biological, psychological, and social factors that warrant balanced consideration. Dr. Rastgar utilizes evidence – based treatment methods cultivated through years of structured clinical and academic training, working in experienced multidisciplinary care teams in both inpatient and outpatient settings. His care and compassion toward his patients has helped countless individuals to regain optimal emotional and psychological functioning, allowing maximal fulfillment in both personal lives and careers.
- Rastgar, Y, Pradhan, T, and Ramsey, K. Reversible Lithium-Induced Metallic Dysgeusia with Normal Serum Lithium Concentration: A Case Report.